The world of accessing intellectual and developmental disability related services can be complex and changing. The Arc of Essex County provides families and professionals with navigation tools and assistance to negotiate each stage of life. Navigation Services include:
- Strategic planning and implementation regarding advocacy
- Related resource information, contacts and materials
- Opportunity for discussion specific to their situation
- Identification of barriers/challenges and how to negotiate them
At each stage of your loved ones life, there will be new systems to navigate, new acronyms to learn, new buzz words. The Arc of Essex County can assist you with negotiating these systems, below are some of the more common systems that you will encounter.
- Birth to 3yrs: The Early Intervention System
- 3yrs-21yrs: Children’s System of Care, Education, other child related services
- 16yrs-21yrs: Transition related services such as: Guardianship, Social Security, and Medicaid. Assist families with personalized transition plans
- 21yrs and over: Division of Developmental Disabilities, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Medicaid, Social Security and other adult related services
The Arc of Essex County provides a wide array of services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities from birth through their senior years. The Arc provides assistance to professionals to accessing these services at each stage of life.
For more information on these services please contact us
For Support Coordinators:
The Arc of Essex County works closely with support coordinators in the planning for and accessing of The Arc of Essex services.
For Transition Coordinators:
Transition services are available for students between the ages of 16-21 through our Day Program Centers.
For more information on these services please contact firstname.lastname@example.org