Day Programs Compete in Annual Fitness Run/Walk & Fundraising Competition
April 26th, 2019
On Thursday, April 25th The Arc of Essex County’s Day Programs laced up their sneakers for the annual fitness run and walk at Under Hill Park in Maplewood. The sounds of pep talks, team spirit, and encouraging cheers could be heard throughout the park as Day Program attendees competed in three categories: Slow Walkers, Fast Walkers, and Runners.
Congratulations to the following winners in their respective categories:
- Gold – Anthony Montgomery, Main Street Hub
- Silver – James Moore, West Caldwell Hub
- Bronze – Albert Legro, Opportunity Zone
- Gold – Michael Korieocha, West Caldwell Hub
- Silver – Kevin Abade, Opportunity Zone
- Bronze – Jose DeJesus, Opportunity Zone
- Gold – Arnold Chery, Main Street Hub
- Silver – Alex Radulski, West Caldwell Hub
- Bronze – Marcia Murray, Main Street Hub
In addition to the annual Fit Walk, the Day Programs also competed for the title of Top Fundraising Team. Finishing in first was Bridges, followed by the West Caldwell Hub and Opportunity Zone. Collectively, the Day Programs raised nearly $1,000 for The Arc of Essex County
Do you have a loved one interested in The Arc of Essex County's Adult Day Services? Check out our Adult Day Services brochure, available here, then reach out to The Arc of Essex County's Senior Director of Children and Adult Day Services, Laurie Best, to learn how you can enroll - firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 535-1181 ext. 1264.