Day Programs Compete in Annual Fitness Run/Walk
April 19th, 2018
On Wednesday, April 18th The Arc of Essex County’s Day Programs competed in their annual fitness run and walk in Orange Park. The sounds of pep talks, team spirit, and encouraging cheers could be heard throughout the park as Day Program attendees competed in three categories: Slow Walkers, Fast Walkers, and Runners.
Congratulations to the following winners in their respective categories:
- Gold – Lamont Anderson, Arcompany
- Silver – William Jackson, Arcompany
- Bronze – Damarius Seabron, Supportive Work Opportunities Program (SWOP)
- Gold – Darshon Johnson, Arcompany
- Silver – Antoine Davis, SWOP
- Bronze – Tyler Sanchez, Bridges
- Gold – Steven Smith, SWOP
- Silver – Marcia Murray, SWOP
- Bronze – Tina Williams, Arcompany
In addition to the annual Fit Walk, the Day Programs also competed for the title of Top Fundraising Team. Finishing in first was the West Caldwell Hub, followed by Special Young Adults and the Main Street Hub. Collectively, the Day Programs raised nearly $1,000 for The Arc of Essex County
Do you have a loved one interested in The Arc of Essex County's Adult Day Services? Check out our Adult Day Services brochure, available here, then reach out to The Arc of Essex County's Senior Director of Support Program Services, Melissa Soules, to learn how you can enroll - firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 535-1181 ext. 1262.