March 11: Coronavirus Update from the CEO
March 11th, 2020
Dear Members of The Arc Family:
The Arc of Essex County is closely monitoring the ongoing developments related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). The safety and well-being of those we serve and our staff are our highest priority. We want to advise you that we are not only taking the recommended steps and precautions, but also instituting program-specific practices to assist with keeping everyone safe.
The Arc of Essex County takes pride in our programs and facilities, cultivating an environment of excellence that meets and exceeds local and state requirements and industry best practices.
What we are doing:
- Increased the frequency of cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting our facilities by staff and commercial cleaning partners.
- Secured supplies of sanitizing cleaners, antibacterial soap, and hand sanitizers that are available at each of our program and service locations.
- Agency leadership has been meeting on a regular basis to discuss updated information and ensure that we are prepared for any situation.
- Increased reminders to staff and consumers to follow recommended hygiene practices.
- Continue to monitor and implement recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and state and local health departments.
To protect our service recipients from exposure to the Coronavirus, we ask that if you or your loved ones have any cold or flu-like symptoms to remain home. Likewise, please know any of our staff that are not feeling well are instructed not to come to work. We recommend following preventative measures for your health per the CDC.
The Arc of Essex County is committed to keeping our families informed. Should the need arise, programs will communicate directly with families to advise on location-specific impacts. Additionally, we’ve established a Coronavirus communications landing page on our website at www.arcessex.org/coronavirusupdate and will send COVID-19 email updates in the coming weeks.
We know that caring for yourself and your loved ones are your most important concerns right now. We will do our best to help. Thank you again for being a valued member of our Arc family. Be assured we will continue to vigilantly monitor the evolving situation and will respond and communicate accordingly.
Wishing you continued good health,
Chief Executive Officer
The Arc of Essex County