March 20: Coronavirus Update from the CEO
March 20th, 2020
Dear Members of The Arc Family:
The Arc of Essex County continues to respond to the evolving Coronavirus situation based on daily information from federal and state authorities. Review of all responses are made daily against the most recent guidance available. To that end, please be aware of the following:
- Shapiro Center for Early Intervention: Suspended; modified teleservices after 3/31
- Stepping Stones School: Suspended; remote learning plan activated
- Stepping Stones Early Intervention: Suspended until further notice
- Children and Adult Individual and Group Respite and Recreation Programs: Suspended for consumers until DDD/DCF authorize return
- Adult Day Programs: Suspended for consumers until DDD authorizes return
- Residential Services: No outside visitors; only essential community activities
- Administrative Support: The main office is open with limited hours, staggered, and remote staffing; only essential visitors
- Program Administration: Staff deployed to Arc locations to support residential services
Thank you to our direct support professionals who are reporting to work every day to support the consumers living in our residential services. These front-line staff are caring for our residents as they would their own family. As most of you are aware, this is a tremendous undertaking in the middle of a national public health crisis. Please know that our staff are taking all of the necessary safety precautions as I am certain are all of you.
Working together and supporting each other, we will be a stronger Arc family. Wishing you continued good health.
Chief Executive Officer
The Arc of Essex County