The Arc of Essex County Kicks Off Fiscal Year 17-18 with a New Three-Year Strategic Plan
July 3rd, 2017
With the transition to the fee-for-service model in full swing and the 3-year strategic plan developed in 2014 coming to an end, The Arc of Essex County and its Board of Directors have been busy evaluating its effectiveness and planning for the future.
While The Arc was able to accomplish many of the goals set forth in the first strategic plan, there is always room to innovate and improve. The Arc is pleased to unveil its new strategic plan for the 2017-2020 fiscal years. This plan will serve as a blueprint to guide the agency as it navigates new challenges and opportunities. The strategic plan is structured around five primary areas of focus:
- Advance The Arc of Essex County’s brand and value among its stakeholders and the community in order to increase participation and encourage investment.
- Provide and expand quality services that are innovative, sustainable and flexible, meeting the needs of changing demographics and fiscal complexities.
- Cultivate, sustain, and retain a qualified, knowledgeable workforce committed to The Arc of Essex County’s mission, vision, and values.
- Continuously evaluate and adapt The Arc of Essex County’s business model positioning the organization to meet the needs of its stakeholders while sustaining fiscal strength.
- Create improved Board engagement for the advancement of Board priorities and agency strategic objectives.
As the agency navigates the fee-for-service transition and funding complexities in today’s political environment, this renewed strategic plan is more important than ever. It displays The Arc’s commitment to its mission to provide comprehensive services and supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families ensuring a lifetime of achievement with dignity and full partnership in the community.
Invest in our future. Consider a planned gift today. To learn more, click here.